The Graphic, England, December 7, 1929
Myrna Loy, 1931
The Lincoln Star, Nebraska, May 15, 1932
The Perry County Democrat, Bloomfield, Pennsylvania, April 1, 1936
Mice may be kept in domesticity but it is impossible to teach them to fetch your slippers.
The Press Herald, Pine Grove, Pennsylvania, March 27, 1936
- It takes the average man eleven minutes to find what he wants in a medicine cabinet.
- The male bee is quite irresponsible and cannot be trusted in matters of great importance.
- There are 45,679,345 types of floor lamps east of the Mississippi alone.
- Teething babies should never be fed hot chestnuts or corn on the cob.
- The caloric content of toothpicks is very low.
- Polar bears make poor house pets.
The Republic, Meyersdale, Pennsylvania, February 6, 1936
A Holyoke (Mass.) chemist has found a way to change the color of spinach from green to pink, but doesn’t say why.
The Potter Enterprise, Coudersport, Pennsylvania, September 17, 1925
Harrisburg Telegraph, Pennsylvania, March 29, 1881
The Humboldt Union, Kansas, May 14, 1881
Humboldt was late to the game:
The Cambria Freeman, Pennsylvania, April 15, 1881:
The Buffalo Commercial, New York, April 15, 1881:
Memphis Daily Appeal, Tennessee, April 22, 1881:
The North Alabamian, Tuscumbia, Alabama, April 22, 1881:
The Topeka Weekly Times, Kansas, April 29, 1881:
The North-Eastern Daily Gazette, Middlesbrough, New Hampshire, May 12, 1881: